A national security operative, Bright Ernest Akomea also known as Double has denied allegation that he was a member of the invincible force.
Double had been accused by Member of Parliament for Nimgo Prampram, as belonging to the NPP’S Invincible Forces.
Sam George also accused him of being integrated into the security service and was part of the SWAT team that visited violence on him during January 31, 2019, by-election in Ayawaso West Wuogon.
Double, who appeared before the Emile Short Commission Tuesday, stated that he had never been a member of the NPP’S Invincible Forces but admitted he is a polling station Chairman of the ruling party at the Adentan Constituency in Accra.
In his testimony to the Commission, Mr. Akomea revealed he became a member of the National Security Council almost two years ago. He said after undergoing three weeks of security training in map reading, weapon handling, combat training and the usage of the Gotta communication gadget in Astutuare, he was stationed at Kotoka International Airport.
On the firing of gun, Mr Bright Ernest Akomea said he took his drivers gun but he did not fire gunshots at the residence of the NDC’s Parliamentary aspirant during the Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election but was rather protecting Sam George from the agitated crowd around the residence of the NDC Parliamentary candidate.
This contradicts claims by Ningo-Prampram MP, Samuel George who said he witnessed Double firing a number of shots during the violence that characterised the elections on January, 31.